How We Help
The George Coller Memorial Fund is incredibly proud that all donations are used to improve the lives of children affected by Asthma.
Not one penny of the donations we receive is spent on administration costs!
All of our administration costs are kindly sponsored by various organisations and companies and we are incredibly lucky that we do not even have to buy a stamp!
As the fund has grown we have now started fund-raising for larger projects.
We feel these projects will make a massive difference to the level of care for Asthma sufferers within the United Kingdom.
Our donations are spent on a number of projects as detailed below.
- Help sponsor an Asthma helpline
- Sponsor children with Asthma to go on medically supervised holidays
- We employed our first George Coller Asthma Nurse in 2004
- Offer help and advice to the families of Asthma sufferers
- We now have several George Coller Nurses working in various Hospital Trusts.
- Awareness campaigns concentrating on improving Asthma policies within schools
- Continually lobbying the Government and Department of Health, to urge them to implement a national service framework, to prioritise Asthma Care.
- Low cost practical aid in the home for children with Asthma (i.e dust mite covers and filter vacuum cleaners)
- We are currently sponsoring and supporting School Nurses to receive vital Asthma training
- We supply training to school staff, school nurses, Nursery schools, and child minders
A number of businesses help us with sponsorship for our administration costs and with donations towards our projects. This has helped the charity to achieve things, which I never thought possible, when I first began the charity, with the only goal in sight being to make a difference.
With this generosity and assistance we have made a difference and taken great steps towards a brighter future for children with Asthma but there is still a long road to walk and we can only do this with your help.
Therefore if you would like to help the George Coller Memorial Fund in anyway or would like to learn more about the Fund and our work then please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kim Douglas BEM
Telephone Number: 0121 681 9587
E-Mail Us: email@example.com